Site Map
HomeServicesToolsAbout UsContact Us

Blog

Home: Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rzepka Honored as Regional Thought Leader

On April 24, 2008, BUSINESS REVIEW honored west Michigan's Regional Thought Leaders. Award recipients were selected based on community involvement, success in business, and key efforts in economic development in the region. Matthew L. Rzepka, CPA, CFP, Owner and Managing Partner of Valley Oak Financial, PLC, was selected as one of 38 honorees from west Michigan and the lakeshore.

In a special recognition reception to spotlight the achievements and contributions of these business professionals, Rzepka's extensive community involvement and growth of Valley Oak Financial's client base both through client retention and business development were especially noted. The event was held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on the downtown campus of Western Michigan University.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hi Matt

Congratulations!!

My boss, Christopher Anbari, was honored as a Regional Thought Leader MENTOR at the same event.

I've been perusing your entire website. We are so wired the same!!

I kind of think you all at Valley Oak and our business reinvention company, Result Global Ltd (www.resultglobal.com) are capable of collaborating to help folks out in life.

I downloaded a couple of your tax tools; I'm filing in October for 2007.

Can you recommend some sort of digital internet tool for keeping track of business expenses, mileage, etc? That is my nemise!!

I, like you, have a soft sell approach to being with people; I'm more of a coach and advisor, even though my title is sales person. I LOVE educating and assisting folks so they have a great experience making a buying decision.

Seventh generation agriculture family member - I bet you hunt!?!

Cheers

Jim Terpstra

July 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Valley Oak Financial said...

Jim,

Thank you for your posting. I appreciate your thoughts and comments. The regional thought leader award was pretty awesome for all those involved.

Regarding the digital internet tool for recording your expenses and mileage, unfortunately there is no such tool available at this time. However, for expenses I recommend using one credit card and then you have the ability to easily summarize the information from the statement or via download into QuickBooks or Quicken.

For your mileage you have a few options, using an excel spreadsheet, a PDA or even your appointment calendar. Mileage is the toughest area for taxpayers because it is purely a nuisance and no one has invented a device that tracks where you travel and for what purpose without having to write it down.

I hope this helps, and if you need further assistance on this or any other business questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Matt

July 20, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home